[Coco] 6809 File I/O

lost lost at l-w.ca
Sat Mar 18 12:32:14 EDT 2017

The stuff in the disk edtasm manual assumes you are using that weird color trsdos thing that disk edtasm runs under. In other words,  that stuff isn't for raw disk basic.
Disk file IO in asm under disk basic is rather unpleasant since none of the required routines are exposed through a vector table and they are in different locations between the two versions of disk basic. You also have to intercept the error routines if you don't want to drop to basic on error. It can be done but is not particularly pleasant.
I did a bit of it with my daggorath update but I don't have the code handy at the moment.
-------- Original message --------From: Peter Cetinski <pete at pski.net> Date: 2017-03-18  9:05 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com> Subject: Re: [Coco] 6809 File I/O
Actually, I meant I was using the examples in the Disk EDTASM manual.  Are those known to work properly?