[Coco] Error trying to use Inetd &

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 07:22:13 EDT 2017

This is 'debugging' text that is spewed out of the inetd when in operation.

On my CoCo 3 I have /w15 initialized with no active shell and then dump the
debugging messages to that window.  So my startup looks like this for
initializing the inetd:

[/DD/startup]

inetd<>>>/w15&

On my CoCo 2 I can either dump the debugging info to a text file in the
/DD/SYS/LOGS folder or I will add the /nil device and send it there:

inetd<>>>/dd/sys/logs/inetd.log&

or

inetd<>>>/nil&

Note that when dumping to a text file you will need to delete that file if
it already exists as the standard NitrOS9 shell does not seem to support
appends or overwrites when redirecting output.

William Carlin