[Coco] 6809 cpu

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:04:07 EDT 2017

Hi Scott,

No, the 6309 is fully compatible in 6809 mode.  If you’re an assembly
programmer, it also has a number of additional instructions and registers,
and also executes many 6809 instructions faster in native mode.

The 6309 is a much improved CPU IMO.

In any case, installing a socket will allow you to switch back and forth
without any trouble.

- Ed