[Coco] Dual monitors on a Coco 3?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 13:24:35 EDT 2017

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 12:08 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> How did you get more than three?  (Console, Bitbanger, RS232 Pak)
> It was still impressive.  I used to demo it at the University.  COCO 2,
> 6809 with 64K memory and one floppy with three users working on
> it.

Man, I really felt like I had a mainframe at home when I first got in to OS-9. Back then the big computer users I knew would tell me how useless multitasking was. Except Amiga users ;) They knew but theirs was not multiuser. Most didn't care about. Multiuser anyway but I used it extensively as well.

Now I kinda wish I had some modern 6809 hardware to use just as a terminal based OS-9 system. I wonder if the FPGA will suffice? I don't want to leave my CoCo on unattended.