[Coco] OS9 68K

farna at amc-mag.com farna at amc-mag.com
Sun Mar 12 10:08:53 EDT 2017

Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 23:03:15 -0600
From: Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com>

Just FYI, there was a product called DigiCart made by 360 Systems that
employed a 68000 running OS9/68k.  Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Systems-DigiCart-II-Plus-Digital-Audio-Recorder-/222270160290

or this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Systems-DigiCart-II-Plus-Hard-Disk-Digital-Audio-Recorder-/122340510668?hash=item1c7c100bcc:g:QgoAAOSwUKxYlJrH.

When I worked for a company just a few miles down the road from
Microware we acquired one of these for a project and cracked the case
open.  Inside, we found a 68000 and we somehow got wind that it was
running OS9 (I think one of the folks at Microware informed us).  There
is a serial port on the back of the unit and through some sort of
keypress combination we were able to get a shell on the serial port.
One of these days I may pick one up off of eBay and play around with it
again.

Very interesting piece! The 75 ohm connections should be for a monitor,
and I see a keyboard connector. I suppose you were using a serial terminal
though. Would take some work to crack one! Hmm.. looked up "AES 75 ohm".
Apparently that's an early recording industry standard for digital video?
Standard monitor might not work. Gene Hesket may know more about it...