[Coco] It's a small win, but a win nonetheless

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Sat Mar 11 23:52:21 EST 2017

True, stop and start bits are really only used for asynchronous data.
The cassette data is synchronous and that's why that string of 55s is
there.  You mentioned that sometimes you get AAs instead of 55s.  If
that continues after you perfect the circuit it's possible you may cure
it in software (I'm assuming you've got a program that is reading the
data in and not a dedicated USART).  Is the data after the AAs also
shifted or does it correct itself?

Dave