[Coco] DOS BOOT

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Mar 10 11:07:54 EST 2017

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 9:59 AM, Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
> Years ago I ran across a program in Rainbow that would allow you to boot a
> disk by just typing 'DOS'. Does anyone remember what issue that was in?

I have that, but don't recall where it came from.

Try Carl England's SUPER BOOT. It is on his DEFEATER disk image:

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Disks/Utilities/Defeater%2C%20The%20%28Carl%20England%29%20%28Coco%203%29.zip

Run "BCONFIG.BAS". It will set drive step rates, tracks, sides, printer baud, colors, CPU speed, etc. It was the best of the DOS boot utilities.

He also made one that would autoboot on typing "DIR"! I recalled having some new program (a game, probably) that I bought and had been playing. One day, i realized I had no idea what the name of the file was called. I had never seen it. I would stick in the disk and if you typed "DOS" it ran, and if you typed "DIR" it ran. (Not sure what it is called. It may be on this disk too.)

		-- Allen