[Coco] Radio shack layoffs, store closing, etc... Goodbye, and thanks for the memories?

Frank Pittel fpittel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:21:35 EST 2017

While the closing of Radio Shack is sad. To me it's just that an iconic
business is closing down. I haven't shopped at RS in a very long time!! I
used to love the place but at some point they changed the focus of their
business. When during the later part of the 80s when they started selling
toy like crappy radio controlled cars I saw that as the end.

For components that I can wait for I go to newark and if I need it right
away I go to Frys or Microcenter. I understand that there aren't many of
those stores but newark delivers fast and the prices are incredible if you
buy in volume. As memory serves 1/4 watt carbon resistors are $.01 each if
you buy in qty of 100 and the 2n3904 and 2n3906 are $.10 - $0.15 ea if you
buy them in 100 qty. (depends on manufacturer.)

Frank