[Coco] Radio shack layoffs, store closing, etc... Goodbye, and thanks for the memories?

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 14:23:51 EST 2017

Taking into account that Radio Shack was a parts supplier for ham operators, they thrived on this and then slowly started to go downhill when the market changed, but they did not.
My first venture into Radio was when they started selling the TRS 80 Model I. It was a good place to go. First the ham operators did not continue to expand in numbers enough to sustain RS' growth, then personal computers were gradually replaced by IBM and Apple computers then everything started to go mobile.
RS gradually changed from being a components supplier, to being a computer supplier then to being a distributor.
Salvador