[Coco] Cartridges that use CTS decoding

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:32:46 EST 2017

Hi Tim,

To the best of my knowledge…

*CTS is active only for reads made to the 8K space $C000-$DFFF.  So it
won’t be used for decoding on any address that requires writes.

You will probably find it is used on every (or nearly every) device that contains an
on-board ROM.  For instance, it is used as the chip enable signal on the ROM
chip for the Orchestra 90.

*SCS is active for both reads and writes to $FF40-$FF5F, and will be the main
arbitration signal for IO (other than ROM reads) when one is used.

Most items (outside of those *CTS ROM reads) don’t use an arbitration signal,
and do their own decoding in the $FF60-$FF8F range. The RS-232 PAK is one of
these, according to my info, using $FF68-$FF6B.

- Ed