[Coco] OS9 68K

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Mar 9 06:56:15 EST 2017

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 05:06:22 +0000
From: James Ross <jrosslist at outlook.com>

David Linsley said:
> I remember conversing with the purveyor of the WCP306 back in the day too.
> Found a reference here:
> http://www.verycomputer.com/10_bf7cd3fd15b0878f_1.htm

Ahh... so there were two different OS-9 68k boxes that could use PC peripherals. The WCP306 & PT68K-4.

Actually now that I think about it, I did read about the WCP306 once, on the CoCo Wiki page -- it says it was originally going to be the MM/1B, successor to the MM/1 (even though it had a completely different design!).  The PT68K-4 is described on the CoCo Wiki page as well.

I am thinking that very few of these were ever made/sold.

I think it was Delmar Systems that sold the PT68K as a turn-key OS-9 (68K) machine.
The PT68K started as a build it yourself computer in one of the electronics/radio magazines back in the 80s. Don't know how many kits or fully populated boards they sold, but it was a hobbyist machines following the pattern of the early computers, like the Altair -- where you could buy a kit or completed board, or a bare board and find your own parts.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548