[Coco] Pac Man V 0.53 - Give it a try, if you want

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 8 19:25:04 EST 2017

Hi fellow CoCo nuts,

I’ve spent the last three months transcoding Pac Man to the CoCo3 and I’m at the point where I have to modify a lot of the video code from copying the Pac Man hardware to direct CoCo 3 hardware which will give it a speed boost.  As of now it runs at about 1/2 to 1/3rd the speed of the original Pac Man arcade machine.  The cutscenes need to be fixed and there is no sound.  But I think most CoCo owners will get a kick out of seeing Pac Man running on there CoCo 3’s.  I’ve included the source code which will I will be changing a lot soon (explained in the link below), so I figured this is a good point to share the code as it’s a good example of how the arcade machines in the ’80 worked.

Feel free to read more about it and how to get it running on your 512k CoCo 3 at the link below:
https://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/zilog-z80-to-motorola-6809-transcode-part-019-you-can-try-it-if-you-want/ <https://nowhereman999.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/zilog-z80-to-motorola-6809-transcode-part-019-you-can-try-it-if-you-want/>

CoCo forever...
Glen