[Coco] Nitros Partitioning

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed Mar 8 17:58:12 EST 2017

In fact, I started a partitioning 'fdisk' sort of program for CoCo3FPGA
some time ago.  It would be good to discuss this and maybe even work
backwards from a functioning SD card with partitions installed
(according to the new spec) toward full SD support under DECB.

Dave

Dave Philipsen wrote:

I like the idea of having partitions. It's something we need to discuss

at least for the CoCo3FPGA.  Since the CoCo 3 runs out of RAM anyway it
wouldn't be too hard to put DECB, YA-DOS, HDB-DOS, etc. into a loader in
the partition so that the proper "operating system" could be loaded at
boot time which would eliminate the need for flashing different ROM
images and flipping switches.

Dave