[Coco] Nitros Partitioning Was: CoCo SDC and others

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 13:01:21 EST 2017

Brett, pre-setting descriptor values is no big deal, a little confusing due to the fact that the superdesc builds for 5 different systems/types, but still not hard. In fact, the current Coco3FPGA SD descriptors have offsets set for /sd1, /sd2, & /sd3. That should give you and idea of how to set them. Also, a lot of these types of variables are set in the defines in the makefiles, and not in the desc source.

What really needs to be done is a "coco3fpga.d" defs file created specifically for the Coco3FPGA, then we could create variable tables for the SD card in a central location instead of hard coding them into the sources. This is going to be needed eventually anyway as we add support for all the Coco3FPGA features like: WiFi, 640x450 256 color graphics, 106x56 text, 16-bit sound etc, etc.

The Coco43FPGA port is a separate build from other level2 ports just for that reason, as we evebtually move away from the standard drivers and forward to the capabilities of the machine.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com