[Coco] CoCo SDC and others

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 01:34:04 EST 2017

On Mar 7, 2017 7:52 PM, "Ron Klein" <ron at kdomain.org> wrote:

> If you decide to use YA-DOS with the CoCo3FPGA, you will need to flash it
> to the same bank that you use for Brett's NitrOS9 SD loader.  That flash
> slot on the CoCo3FPGA is reserved for alternate DOS's and can accommodate
> 16K roms like YA-DOS.  I'm not sure how the NitrOS9 SD boot loader works,
> but perhaps we can see if Brett is able to incorporate that boot loader
> into YA-DOS for those using a CoCo3FPGA.

Yeah, the ROM-able nitros boot loader will have to be replaced with
ya-dos.  But no worries: There's a decb loadable .bin file in the nitros9
repo that'll load up nitros too.  I think invoking 'make' just right will
pop out a .dsk file.  Just get that image copied over.  Yados can copy the
dsk from DW to the SD card.

Nitros has no partitioning.  That needs to change.  Maybe we can just hack
a offset into Gary's nitros drivers, and force nitros to skip a few sectors
to allow for a real partition table.

brett