[Coco] XMODE

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Mar 7 20:41:29 EST 2017

On Tuesday 07 March 2017 15:03:30 Allen Huffman wrote:

> > On Mar 7, 2017, at 12:38 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Those patches and texts describing them are:
> >
> > CTS2DSR_mod.txt
> > README.Sacia.PrJ
> > SAcia_High_Speed_Patch.lzh
> > SAcia_hi_mps_ctc.ipc
>
> Do you remember the CDI interface, that Zog (Alan Sheltra, OS-9
> Underground magazine) had? It was a DB25 pass thru box with some
> things swapped inside (rather than modifying the cable) that allowed
> us much faster speeds using StG-Net BBS.
>
> I do recall using a replacement 6551 driver, as well. Was SACIA the
> original driver name, and this is a patch to that?
>
> 		--
ANAICR, yes Allen.  The driver I used for the $20,000 edisk simulacrum was the level 1 acaipak, running in a coco-2 which I drove "The forgotten chip" kit with. Never had any flow control problems because while it ran at 9600 baud, the stuff in the GVG300-3A/B was about the same technology so it worked well.  FWIW, the edisk, for all its bring little red wagonloads of money because it had that magic GVG label on it, ran at 1200 baud.  And wasn't nearly as well developed in terms of user interface.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)