[Coco] Drivewire over PI was: The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:06:40 EST 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:

> I haven't had much luck using it as s drivewire server,  I got it all
> functional, but it would get lots of errors on actual disk IO. That was
> with a usb/serial adapter. I never messed with it to get the real serial
> port working. Also there is the rs232/max232 dongle thingie that could be
> attached.

I and another person have had similar problems Tim.  I investigated, and
found very high latency is the problem.  The PI's software USB coupled with
a cheap-o USB->RS232 do-hicky make for horrible latency.  So latent the DW
server times out.  Every thing got peachy after I upped my drivewire
server's timeout.   I don't know how to do this in Aaron's java based
server though :(  I used William's 'lwwire' server to make it work.

-brett