[Coco] XMODE

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Mon Mar 6 22:03:40 EST 2017

Thanks a ton Greg!
The key is knowing where to look I guess.  I am willing to help out with
the wiki Nitros9 docs if you like, (they had places to put the data, but
were blank)  let me know if that's possible.

On 3/6/2017 7:09 PM, Gregory Law wrote:
> This is from scf.d in the defs folder. I'll get these transferred into
> the technical reference in the WIKI as well.
>
> * PD.PAR definitions
> *
> * Parity
> PARNONE        EQU       %00000000
> PARODD         EQU       %00100000
> PAREVEN        EQU       %01100000
> PARMARK        EQU       %10100000
> PARSPACE       EQU       %11100000
>
> * PD.BAU definitions
> *
> * Baud rate
> B110           EQU       %00000000
> B300           EQU       %00000001
> B600           EQU       %00000010
> B1200          EQU       %00000011
> B2400          EQU       %00000100
> B4800          EQU       %00000101
> B9600          EQU       %00000110
> B19200         EQU       %00000111
> B38400         EQU       %00001000
> B57600         EQU       %00001001
> B115200        EQU       %00001010
> * Word size
> WORD8          EQU       %00000000
> WORD7          EQU       %00100000
> * Stop bits
> STOP1          EQU       %00000000
> STOP2          EQU       %00010000
>

> On 3/6/2017 7:39:26 PM, "Tim Fadden" <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> First of all, thanks for the response.
>>
>> I looked there already.  It does not have the information needed.
>>
>> It says what par and bau is for, but it does not tell you what values
>> are needed.
>>
>> perhaps the /t2 device descriptor might give me a clue.  I haven't
>> looked for that yet.
>>
>> Another thought is to run a terminal program, set the values and see
>> what changed in xmode.  Will give that a try to.
>> I can't believe there isn't any one else that has looked for this info,
>> or I am really missing something some where.
>>
>> thanks for your input!
>>
>> On 3/6/2017 5:12 PM, Gregory Law wrote:
>>> It might help to read the SCF-Type Device Descriptor Modules section
>>> in
>>> the NitrOS-9 Technical Reference
>>> (http://nitros9.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Sequential_Character_File_Manager).
>>>
>>> nam=t2
>>> mgr=SCF
>>> ddr=sc6551
>>> hpn=07
>>> hpa=FF68
>>> upc=00 -- Case:  0=upper- and lowercase, 1=uppercase only
>>> bso=01 -- Backspace: 0=backspace, 1=backspace+space+backspace
>>> dlo=00 -- Delete: 0 = backspace over line, 1=carriage return
>>> eko=01 -- Echo: 0=echo off, 1=echo on
>>> alf=01 -- Auto linefeed: 0=auto linefeed disabled, 1=auto linefeed
>>> enabled
>>> nul=00 -- End-of-line null count (the number of NULL characters to
>>> send
>>> at the end of a line; typically used to allow teletypes to return the
>>> carriage to the left)
>>> pau=01 -- Pause: 0=End-of page pause disabled, 1=End-of-page pause
>>> enabled
>>> pag=18 -- Number of lines per page
>>> bsp=08 -- Backspace character
>>> del=18 -- Delete line character
>>> eor=0D -- End-of-record character
>>> eof=1B -- End-of-file character
>>> rpr=04 -- Reprint line character
>>> dup=01 -- Duplicate last-line character
>>> psc=17 -- Pause character
>>> int=03 -- Interrupt character
>>> qut=05 -- Quit character
>>> bse=08 -- Backspace echo character
>>> ovf=07 -- Line-overflow character (ding)
>>> par=00 -- Initialization value
>>> bau=06 -- Baud rate
>>> xon=11 -- X-ON character
>>> xof=13 -- X-OFF character
>>> col=50 -- Number of columns
>>> row=18 -- Number of rows
>>> xtp=00
>>> wnd=00 -- Window number
>>> val= -- Data in rest of descriptor is valid
>>> sty= -- Window type
>>> cpx= -- X cursor position
>>> cpy= -- Y cursor position
>>> fgc= -- Foreground color