[Coco] BIGGEST PROBLEM

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:03:47 EST 2017

Hi All,

I was wondering, if a single 6809 or 6309 can handle USB protocol. If this could be done then a second cpu would be easy to imply in the exsisting coco's., and act as a dedicated USB controller ( does not have to be a 6809 but like to stay in the era )

There are cpu/controllers with build in USB support.

- for the keyboard, this cpu can halt the main cpu to put characters that ist get from the usb board, directly in the characterbuffers of BASIC.

- for mouse/ joystick I think something similar can be done.

I don't know I'm just a thinker...LOL
But it would be not the first time someone made a big invention from someone else s idea's  ...lol

CB