[Coco] XRoar and Drivewire

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 23:21:34 EST 2017

First, if you are using Windows, the menu system in XRoar is still a little flaky. The machine does not seem to change under the machine menu, nor does it seem to display the proper machine loaded. I normally run a Coco2 (NTSC), with the T1 vdg, and hdbdos. The Menu shows me running a PAL Coco2.
2nd, disc extended basic will not run drivewire, you must have the hdbdos rom (as stated in the xroar manual), and that is why decb is not loading, it is looking for hdbdos.
Now, if you read the manual.....
Everything is set in the "xroar.conf" file. Or you can do the same from the cmd line (slightly different syntax).

My "xroar.conf" to run a Coco2, with T1 vdg, 64k, and hdbdos for DW4 is:

ram 64k
machine cocous
vdg-type 6847t1
joy-right mjoy0
becker
becker-ip 127.0.0.1
becker-port 65504

When specifying "becker-port, XRoar will automatically look for the "hdbdw3bck.rom" in the same place you have the other roms.
This should get you up and running.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/