[Coco] The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sun Mar 5 21:30:42 EST 2017

Joe, I know you're frustrated, and I empathize, but I think you're
looking at this the wrong way.

The solutions are not being produced with you in mind :-)  I don't mean
that as dismissive, but rather how the devices are designed.

  * Enthusiast has an idea for an interface
  * They know it's complicated
  * They try to find the simplest way to get close to their goal
  * They implement the simpler option
  * If the simpler option serves their needs and others enjoy it, they
    produce it
  * No more work is done to refine the idea

VGA is easy (a bank of passive resistors and some open core Verilog).
HDMI is much harder

IDE is dirt simple, SATA is really complicated

31250bps RS232 is easy, USB is hard

I think once the person gets things going, they want to start using the
solution, and refining it is not a top priority.  It is left to others
(or adapters) to make the additional changes.

JIm