[Coco] The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 12:51:25 EST 2017

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 10:38 AM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:
>
> Try Raspbian Lite for starters and then do a little research on how to speed up the boot time.  Of course if you're booting up into a GUI-based interface that also takes longer than command line.  Also, you could use a super cap or Li-ion battery as an inexpensive power backup/conditioner.

I'll check out the other distributions. I haven't used any of the GUI stuff, so mine all just boot to a login shell.

Since the Pi was powered by USB, my solution was to get one of those USB backup batteries. One port to charge and the other is the USB port to the phone or device. Never deployed so we didn't get to see if this cheapo Pi UPS worked.