[Coco] The BIGGEST PROBLEM with (So-Called) NEW CoCo Hardware...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 10:34:11 EST 2017

On Mar 5, 2017, at 7:45 AM, Joe Schutts via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> I have been involved with the CoCo since the CoCo 1 came out after I switched over from an old Altair 8080 (I got tired of throwing switches). There has been a large uptake of (So Called) NEW hardware MOD's out there for the CoCo but there is a major problem with most of them. That problem is that most of these "NEW" Hardware MOD's require OLDER hardware than is available in many cases. Let me give you some examples.

Great examples, though I was unaware of any hard drive interfaces being done.

USB would solve everything but it was always too complex and expensive. Then I found out about a $4 USB Host chip a few weeks back, so maybe that will lead to some new stuff. They have a firmware load for that chip for MIDI, so that takes care of the USB MIDI pak ;)