[Coco] Installing DW4 on Linux mint

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Jun 24 21:13:20 EDT 2017

On Saturday 24 June 2017 20:37:48 George Ramsower wrote:

>   DWdos may be a better choice for me. Where do I find it?

Howdy George;

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/>

Green download button.  Its a tar.gz for linux. Unpack it in the /opt
subdir although its not fussy as long as you know where it is.

But its the nitros9 build that has the modules you'll need to install in
your os9boot file to make full use of drivewire4.

I'm not sure what assembler is being used to build nitros9 on a linux box
these days, I think its changed since the last time I built it, it was
lwasm from lwtools a little over a year ago. A third download to get the
full kit.  I'm sure one of the guys here has cobbled up a script that
makes the download and build of all 3 a painless project.  I am
surprised someone hasn't popped up and posted it.  Inline of course
since the server does not like attachments.

> On 06/24/2017 09:36 AM, Brett Gordon wrote:
> > Alternatively, toolshed's "dwdos" is much smaller than hdbdos to
> > cassette load via cloadm.
> >
> > On Jun 24, 2017 9:46 AM, "George Ramsower" <georgera at gvtc.com> wrote:
> >>   I had a brain fart when I wrote the previous message.  To get
> >> Nitros9 onto a disk for the CC3, I need to wire the coco end of the
> >> cable for the cassette input from the PC audio out. Then I can
> >> cloadm HDBDOS to initially use DW4 to download Nitros9. Then I will
> >> be good to go. Several steps to go. Not too bad, really. The main
> >> important thing is DW. I have to get it onto the coco in order to
> >> use it.

> >> --

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)