[Coco] MAME/MESS Binary Builds for OS X

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Fri Jun 16 19:45:25 EDT 2017

Thanks for the info William!

I'm pretty sure it would be the same w/ Windows.  Will give it a try next time I'm playing around w/ it.

I still prefer VCC too ... but I would not dispute the arguments folks have been giving for using MAME.

James
From: Coco <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com> on behalf of William Carlin <whcarlinjr at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] MAME/MESS Binary Builds for OS X

James,

Command line is the way to go with MAME.

Not sure if this works on Windows but in Linux there is a command line option that when set will print to stdout the current configuration of the machine specified on the command line.  Redirect this text to a file.  This file is in the same format as a mame ini file.  You can then specify to load this ini file instead of the default setup.  This allows your machine build specific options.  The option names in the file also correspond to command line options you can specify at runtime on the command line or in a Windows shortcut.  I wish I had specifics but I use Windows now and VCC is my choice of emulator for right now.

Sent from my iPhone