[Coco] "Bomb Threat" game development progress

Rick Adams rick at rickadams.org
Fri Jun 16 19:39:08 EDT 2017

I'm on vacation 2000 miles from home in beautiful (though rainy) Eugene,
Oregon, but development on my Bomb Threat game continues! Tasks
remaining are to test the difficulty level (too hard? too easy?), try to
write a sound routine that replicates the "scoring" sound in the
original (now lost) game, and to put in a little extra code to make the
game look nice on a Coco 3 (which did not exist at the time the game was
originally developed).

If you missed the first chapter of this saga, "Bomb Threat" was a game
that I tried to market to Tandy after the success of Temple of ROM but
Tandy turned it down.  The original disks are lost to the sands of time
and all that remains is a gameplay video which you can view at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2k9Jum0C2Q and I am coding the game
again from scratch with my now somewhat rusty 6809 assembler skills.

PS:  The game "Bomb Threat" is a game which contains no actual bombs or
threats.  Hi, Homeland Security!  Keep up the good work!