[Coco] CoCo Coding Continues - Chapter 22 in BASIC - GET and PUT is available

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:21:32 EDT 2017

I have updated my Spaceship demo once again, with some optimizations to how
you can hack the BASIC GET and PUT commands to capture and place data at
even byte boundaries for a much faster pasting process, it's literally
twice as fast in BASIC, which is quite impressive.

https://youtu.be/HkM5hvncWuY

In addition to optimizing the actual scrolling part of the routine, I also
redesigned the spaceship making it look a little sleeker, and also improved
the random planet generation logic and process for better overall visuals.

This particular video is actually a very good visual guide stepping through
each part of the process.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
http://ogsteviestrow.com