[Coco] NitrOS9 SDC control program

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Jun 10 13:49:16 EDT 2017

> Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20%5BCOCO%5D%20ADOS3%20%26%20CoCoSDC%3F%20WAS%3A%20Preliminary%20Support%20for%20SDC%0A%20in%20HDBDOS&In-Reply-To=%3C15c8e2ad7aa-420d-1d4c%40webprd-a42.mail.aol.com%3E>
> Fri Jun 9 14:43:11 EDT 2017
>
> I have Barry's sources from his disk. All I need is his and Tim's permission and I can update the repo.
>
> The only problem I have with these utilities is that Darren went to a lot of trouble to rewrite the os9 drivers so that getstat/putstat calls could be used for the cmds (as it should be), and the utils both use direct hardware I/O. It shouldn't be hard to change the utils to make the calls, but I don't have a Cocosdc to test with. So someone else would have to do it.
> They work "as is" though, so they could still be updated.
You have my permission. I copied Tim on this message although I think Tim’s code is already in the NitrOS9 repo and my code is largely a rewrite anyway but I did use his code for reference. I also combined his separate commands into one SDC management utility called “sdc”.  One thing you should know is the reason why the utility does not use the getstat/putstat calls, that is because several of the calls return an error if a disk is not mounted. This creates a problem mounting a disk on a drive is one was not mounted when NitrOS9 was booted. I didn’t want to rewrite the driver code, so I wrote my utility to do direct hardware I/O.