[Coco] data modules

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 01:36:28 EDT 2017

I'm sure the GP buffer version will work, but I want to use a data module
for two reasons.

1. I want to learn how to use data modules to pass data in both directions
to multiple processes. To elabotate, I want process a to be able to write
to the data module, then have process b read that data, act upon that data,
and pass the modified data back to the data module to either be read by
process a, or by process c, and so on.

2. GP buffers seem to be limited when it comes to containing multiple types
and varying lengths of data, requiring multiple GP buffers to handle all of
the different data requirements. From what I have seen, a data nodule does
not have this limitation. It can be partitioned so that each partition
handles the data it needs to handle without regard for the other
partitions. I like this better, as everything is in one place instead of
being distributed throughout memory.

I may be misunderstanding in some of what I have said above, so if anyone
wants to correct me, please do.