[Coco] data modules

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jun 8 22:56:14 EDT 2017

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> Somewhere in one of the manuals is a description of a OS-9 data module. I
> can't find it, and I've looked through all of the level 1 and 2 manuals I
> have. Can someone point me to where that information is? My future plans
> for decode include the use of a data module, and I need the information to
> help me design the internal layout of the module.
>
> Thanks,

Wayne,

Data modules are not in the index of OS-9 Level Two but if you look in the Technical Reference
section on pg 3-4 you will see a list of the type/language byte.
  Code          Type          Name
   $4x         Data Module     Data

The 6th byte of a memory module is TYPE/LANGUAGE and the language is
  $x0      for a data module.
So combining both of these the 6th byte should be $40.

Page 3-6 give the structure of an "executable" module but apparently if you have byte-6 = $40 you
can use the same structure for a data module.

I can't find any examples of data modules.

Robert