[Coco] Fwd: Re: Disto Super II controller repair

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Thu Jun 8 20:20:47 EDT 2017

For any one following this:

I replaced the  7416 chips.  Upon investigation I see that the head only
gets the signal to move the head out (low), not in.
This means the 7416 is not going high for the in direction on pin 12.
The input for this is pin 13 which connects directly to the WD1773. I
ordered a couple of these.

In the case that this does not fix it, how do I check which chip sends
the signal to the WD1773?   Which is next in line?  It looks to me like
U15, the 74HC245 and from there it looks like it goes straight to the
coco buss.

Please be patient, this my first time trying to trouble shoot this type
of problem from a schematic!  As a Sun Service rep all I had to do was
trouble shoot to the fru level, not the chip!  he he....

Also, I have another Super II controller which I tested on the same
machine, and it works just fine, so I know it is the controller, and not
the coco.
Any words of wisdom (or not so wise) :-) are appreciated!

Tim

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.