[Coco] ROM Copyrights... copyrights in general...

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Thu Jun 8 12:03:46 EDT 2017

On Thu, June 8, 2017 11:33 am, Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:
> As a
> possible precedent, I look to the Unraveled Series of books. These present
> in-depth information about the ROMs that could be considered proprietary.

On the other hand, this might be considered a transformational use, and in
those early days of software copyrights (remember software copyright wasn't in
force until 1980), this would have been difficult to address. The
transformation of binary object code to commented assembly code might have met
this test. See below for examples:

<http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/fair-use-what-transformative.html>

Dennis