[Coco] ZBUG

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Jun 6 02:48:47 EDT 2017

Well, I suppose that would work.  I'm personally not into the emulators.  I've done a lot of work on embedded systems and usually it is custom hardware without a specific dev system set up for it.  I assemble the code on a PC, upload to the target in RAM, run it and debug.  Once you have it debugged burn the program to EPROM, flash, or whatever.

Even with CoCo3FPGA there is hardware present that is, I assume, not present in the emulator.  Easiest way in my book is just the old-fashioned way.  I've never used the debugger under OS9 even when I wrote a fairly complicated terminal program back in the 80s. Always debugged using my own code.  Never had a debugger on any of the custom embedded systems I've worked on either. Personal preference I suppose or maybe I'm just to set in my ways to change.

Dave