[Coco] MAME

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 5 23:59:48 EDT 2017

On 6/06/2017 12:34 PM, Melanie and John Mark Mobley wrote:

> I thought I had MAME but it was cocomess form Christopher Hawks.
> I just installed MAME in my Linux Mint Mate.  Now I have to learn how to use
> it.

MAME & MESS have now merged into the MAME project. That makes perfect
sense, but I still don't really understand why they don't maintain
separate targets (binaries) for MAME and MESS...

Anyway... I'm not familiar with the features of ZBUG but I'm confident
that the watchpoint and breakpoint features of MAME are vastly superior,
not to mention multiple simultaneous memory views, trace function, and
completely unobtrusive nature of the debugger.

There are a few minor annoyances in the UI aspects, but they're easy to
overlook given the other advantages IMHO.

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>