[Coco] Live Stream with Tim Lindner to discuss the Speech Sound Pack in MAME today @ 1PM EDT

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:52:45 EDT 2017

A lot of great things were discussed and demonstrated.
Seems like MAME is a great environment for not only emulation, but
development as well.
We covered the actual emulation of the Speech Sound Cartridge, and it
sounds great.
We got a peek on how to compile MAME, and how to compile it quickly.
We got to see some of the command line options for launching mame, and how
to tweak the MAME.INI file for further customizations.
Not only is the Speech and Sound Cartridge now available via emulations,
but, John Linville's Mega Game Cartridge with bank switching, sound synth
and ROM support are also emulated in MAME.

There are a lot of options available to CoCo developers at this point, the
biggest challenge, is which options to use.
My preference would be new games on a cartridge using the new sound chip,
but each person will take their own path.

Here's the replay to the discussion:
https://youtu.be/X1CMs1tqyhg

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow