[Coco] Speech/Sound Cartridge Emulation just added to MAME

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 1 21:04:20 EDT 2017

On 2/06/2017 2:25 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Rietveld, Not until programmers step up to work on it (VCC).

The biggest challenge IIUC will be taking the TMS-7000 core and adapting
it for VCC without the MAME framework in place.

I'm probably one of the 'guilty' that Bill mentions having attempted to
work on VCC in the past. I was going to add a profiling extension to it,
and was successful for Knight Lore, but it was by necessity Knight
Lore-specific. I'm not sure a _generic_ profiling module is even possible.

I've got so many projects on my plate I'm loathe to volunteer for this,
as it would likely not happen in any timely manner. :(

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall
<http://retroports.blogspot.com.au>