[Coco] 3d Printing

John Strong johnstrong at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 23:09:28 EDT 2017

As many of you know, I've been 3D printing cases (and selling) for various coco projects for over 2 years now.

So I thought I would give my input on some of the questions and responses about 3d printing coco rom carts.

Can rom carts be 3D printed.

Yes, my Bomb Squad game carts are 3d printed in 2 colors.

3d prints VS molded cases.

The molded cases are great use them if possible.

That said, they have some limitations, such as one size and one color available. Of course 3D printed cases have their own limitations.

Printing time.

My CocoSDC cases print in less than 4 hrs on my printers. Several things can affect printing speed: Infill ( I use 30%), layer height, print quality settings, plastic used and of course the printer used.

John Strong
www.Strongware.net