[Coco] Is there a way to Run a CD-ROM drive using something other than the SCSI cartridge pak?

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 00:51:34 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to run a CD-ROM drive on the Coco 1, 2 or
3 using something other than the SCSI controller?  I don't have a SCSI
controller for the Coco, but after reading some of the CD-ROM emails lately,
it occurred to me that I had never hooked up a CD-ROM drive to my Coco.  I
know it is possible to use the IDE Interface on a PC to run a CD-ROM drive
so I was wondering if the same could be done with the SuperIDE Controller or
the Glenside IDE Controller.  Has anyone ever tried this before?  Any help
would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Kip Koon

computerdoc at sc.rr.com

http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/User:Computerdoc