[Coco] (no subject)

Glen Hewlett glen.hewlett at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 26 22:37:04 EDT 2017

Hi Rietveld,

If you can run the script on a virtual Ubuntu install then it should work the same as a real linux box.  I can’t see there being any limitation on the mp3 file that is converted.  Are you sure you have all the necessary files?  I looked at the script (I haven’t used it myself) and there is a section of the script that joins the player .bin file with the newly created CSM file and merges it into the final CSM file that is ready to be played.  The format of the file is the first 1024 bytes are the header that tells the player what type of CSM file it is and I think with audio files it also needs the number of blocks the file is.  Then the next 38k or so (forget the actual number) is the player then you should have the audio after that.  If you use a hex editor to compare a working audio CSM file with the one you made, they should look the same at the beginning up to the first 38k.  If they don’t match then the script isn’t doing everything it needs to build the CSM file.

Ed just posted the latest .bin (player code) file from his Facebook comment here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sgl615FlGncVVRaG5zTVFPWkE/view

As long as you have the other one or this new one and the script doesn’t give you any errors then I think you should be good to go.

I haven’t played with the audio player myself but I’ve been playing a lot with the RG6 (PMODE 4) video & audio player that Ed released for the CoCo SDC.  I have a script that uses FFMPEG and a little program I wrote to mux the audio and video together to convert any movie to an RG6 CSM video & audio file.  It is pretty cool already, but I think I can also use imagemagick and a 4 colour palette that will have black, white and the red/blue artifact colours so that the RG6 video will maybe even have some colour…

Good luck with your CSM files,
Glen