[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jul 25 13:59:20 EDT 2017

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 12:47 PM, Dave Philipsen <dave at davebiz.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, in my opinion if you write a program that requires an external program (OS9 command) then you should probably be prepared for the fact that that external program could change in which case it would behoove you to include the external program with your distribution. And, if you find that you really do have a problem with such a program that calls an external program (like tmode and dir) then just use the older version of the program which behaves correctly with your program.

Microware's official recommendation was to use external commands just this way, because internal OS structures could change with a future OS revision, but the command line options could be preserved. (This was true even in the OS-9/68K, 9000 days.)

Thus, I used "tmode" in MiniBanners09. And it won't work as intended under NitrOS-9 because of the command change.

		-- A