[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:57:32 EDT 2017

This sounds like a great can of worms that has been opened up.

I like Bill Pierce's analogies and I'm at the fence and ready to head to
the mountain.

I know there are dozens of possible configuration, I'd be interested in
two, one that boots on the CoCo SDC and one for MAME.  I'll have my new USB
serial adapter probably tomorrow and watch to attach my coco 3 via Drive
Wire.

I'm the novice coco gamer, but I understand MS-DOS very well, and to a
lesser degree, Linux.  I see the similarities, and I grow more impressed
with time.

I will start my own journey of Discovery and will hopefully reach the
tunnel.

I'll lean on this list as I've seen to come to the right place.

I haven't been aware of the OS-9 specific community, but it's obviously
here so I hope to use this knowledge to help my self and others.

Being a fairly non tech, non programmer, I'll be the perfect barameter, if
I can learn it anyone can 😀