[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 02:51:22 EDT 2017

Rick,

Since you are dealing with the standard FD-502 controller and (2) 3.5"
floppy drives you can find a general purpose 80 track disk image @
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nitros9/files/releases/v3.3.0/

Depending on your CoCo 3's CPU you will find two zip files for the CoCo 3.
 1 for the 6309 and 1 for the 6809.
In those zip files you will find a disk image with a 80d or 80d_50hz
depending on your model of system & display.

If you need a disk image that supports playing games then that would
require customizing what you need in the boot and also if you plan on using
DriveWire 4 then some extra modules for that as well.

Otherwise those coco3_80d disk images are ready to go for 80 track floppy
drives.

The process of building a new boot file should still apply from the
original OS-9 documentation.  Which I need to dig out and look up again.
Been a long time since I built a new boot file on OS-9 or NitrOS-9 system
itself.
On the 80 track disk image there should be a directory called NITROS9 which
contains some sub directories on it.  One with the modules, bootlists, and
scripts.

Hopefully someone whom has used this can fill in the extra blanks I can't
remember right now on proper usage of the scripts and bootlists.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |