[Coco] CoCo TALK #18 an introduction to OS9

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:50:28 EDT 2017

Great slab of information there Kip, served medium well, and seasoned
perfectly!
Would have loved to have had you on this current OS9 coco TALK, and look
forward to having you on more in the future.

I would like to save a follow up OS9 talk for a time when I have my brain
wrapped around a handful of plug and play images, get them linked on my
site for anyone else to grab, and do some more testing and learning, I'm
lucky to have the likes of Curtis Boyle and Bill Nobel as my spiritual
guides on this journey.

So it may be a few weeks, and hopefully you'll be available by then, I will
start to review OS9 games now, too, as I get my hands on them, and figure
out how to load and play them.... baby steps...

So yea, I went on a mad tear and hopefully didn't piss anybody off, I am
really trying to make an effort to make this more accessible, and if all of
those methods already exist, I haven't learned them yet, but hope to.

I'd like to see a few master images available, like ones that can boot up
and play sierra games right away, and others that are optimized for more 80
column multiple terminal modes, etc.

Is there any type of menu system in existence, where you could create easy
links to launch a series of games with a key entry or mouse click?  Besides
Gshell, which is an obvious choice.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
Website/Merchandise/CoCo links page:
http://ogsteviestrow.com
Email:  ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Get your "Game Play Goodnes" fix of CoCo and retro videos at:
http://youtube.com/ogsteviestrow