[Coco] Malware in wimgtool?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 17:29:32 EDT 2017

WImgTool gets flagged by some antivirus software because it modifies dsk files directly (just like viruses do). Some antivirus programs look for this. IF WImgTool loaded the complete dsk image into memory, modded it, then saved it back, it probably wouldn't get flagged. I've even had VCC to be reported as getting flagged as a virus (it modifies dsk files direct as well).
I had to get rid of antivirus software years ago because half my HD full of pro audio software was getting flagged and quarentined.
The only thing I use is "SpyBot" which monitors the registry for any changes. I haven't had any problems in over 15 years or more!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com