[Coco] Cross assemblers

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Jul 17 04:03:36 EDT 2017

Here is a link to a page with a bunch of cross assemblers that run under
OS9.  These include the following processors: 6801, 6804, 6805, 6809,
8048, 8051, 8085, 6502, Z80, and 1805.  The OS9 versions of these
programs have the extension '.os9' differentiated from their DOS
counterparts with the '.EXE' extension.

All of them create Motorola 'S' record files as their output.  I've also
posted a conversion program, 'S1INTEL.os9' which converts the object
code to Intel HEX format.  Once you have any of these programs copied
over to your OS9 system you can rename them removing the '.os9'
extension.  They are handy for anyone tinkering around doing hobbyist
stuff with any of these retro-computing processors from the 70s & 80s.

Someone once asked me why in the world we would want to use such
antiquated tools.  Well, they work.  They run under OS9.  And, hey, if
you play Donkey Kong or PacMan on your CoCo then maybe you'll want to
try out these retro classics as well.

Dave

http://retr09.com/CoCo3FPGA/viewforum.php?f=4