[Coco] Parting with some spare CoCo gear.

Christopher piperfox74 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:47:54 EST 2017

Hey folks.

I’m trimming down the vintage computer collection, and some spare CoCo kit is part of the cull. I’ll be listing a few pieces individually as they come up through the pile and get a “stay or go” judgment. I’d rather offer these here, to folks that know what they’re buying and will appreciate it, rather than listing on eBay.

First on the block is a CoCo 3, upgraded with 6309 (with Cloud-9 Pro-Tector) and a PBJ, Inc. 512K RAM upgrade. I’m not the first owner of this CoCo. I believe I purchased it off eBay a few years ago. It has an aftermarket reset switch mod, running a red momentary switch to the right side of the case, easily accessible.

Other notables: it has no case screws securing the top and bottom halves of the case. It arrived that way, if I recall correctly, and I’ve never been able to find the right screws. There is writing on the top and bottom of the case. On the top, in faded red (Sharpie?) ‘ “B” 6309 512K”, and on the bottom in black, “CHASTEEN”.

I tested the installed 512K RAM kit with the Cloud-9 test application, and it passed through several read/write loops with success. I was also able to load HDB-DOS for DriveWire via a cassette to earphone cable (loading the WAV played from a Mac), and then boot Nitros-9 CC3/6309 for DW successfully. Video was through an RGB2VGA adapter, and looked fine.

I connected a spare drive controller, and was able to load the 512K RAM test program from floppy.

I do have some pictures available, and can send them via email or what have you. I don’t keep accounts with picture sharing services.

This will go to the best offer (plus shipping from zip 13214) submitted before Tuesday night.

Christopher Fox