[Coco] 8 slot multi pak

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Jan 17 23:17:03 EST 2017

On 1/17/2017 1:45 PM, Zippster wrote:
> There’s an issue with going beyond 4 slots on an MPI, software support.
Agreed.

> A thought that occurs to me is that with the unused bits in the MPI register at $FF7F,
> the use of the *CTS/*SCS scheme can be easily extended to as many as 16 slots.
> In fact, it looks like the bit locations might have been chosen with this in mind.
This is how I implemented the 8 slot version of my unit.  If the switch
is set to bank 2, the unit responds to the second set of 4 slots (ie,
with bit 6 and 2 high).

I think you need to buffer the lines every 3-4 slots (I don't think you
can hang 8 40 pin connectors and the wires off a single set of buffers,
but perhaps you can...)

Jim