[Coco] Inetd error

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 00:20:04 EST 2017

Hi Phillip,
First off, is "Run" how you are starting NitrOS-9?
Then once you are in NitrOS-9, you issue the "inetd &" command so you can telnet and run the web site?
If so, then please let me know the contents of the /dd/sys/inetd.conf file.
The 010 Unknown error is due to the fact that the errmsg file is missing or is present, but does not have the error number definitions.  And yet other times, the errmsg file contains one line that is a symbolic link.  I get the symbolic link version of the errmsg file quite a bit.  010 is the error message "Unrecognized Symbol".  Get a copy of the correct errmsg file from another NitrOS-9 Boot disk and overwrite the one on the disk you are trying to get working so you will know what the error messages are.  By the way, 010 is actually 10 in the errmsg file.
There should also be a WWWROOT directory in /DD which should contain the index.html file.  I found the the WWWROOT directory missing on my Coco3FPGA SD setup.  I had to copy it from a Level1 Coco1 DW dsk file.  I also had to copy the password file from the SYS directory on the same L1 Coco1 DW dsk image file.  I wonder what else is not functional or missing altogether.
I have had this running on my Coco3 a year or two ago.  I'll have to power it up and see if I can get it to run.  My Multipak Interface is non-functional now so I'm totally dependent on the CocoSDC now to run NitrOS-9 on my Coco3.
I would like some other people to verify if they find a similar situation on their own systems.  I am going back to school this week and will be out of touch during the day.  I will do my best to check my email when I can.  I will have my laptop with the VCC emulator and the NitrOS-9 Repo with me so I will be able to do some checking on things as time permits.  I just won't have access to my Coco3FPGA during the week.  I will be back home Friday night.  I hope all this makes sense.  I am on Skype if you would like to chat sometime in the evenings during the week or after I get home on the weekends.  I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you need further help.  Take care my friend.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com