[Coco] NitrOS-9 Help Message suggestion

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:58:52 EST 2017

I was briefly looking into this.  How can the 'help' program determine what
the screen width is?  I know you can set the page length with tmode but see
nothing there that describes the width of the current screen.

{N2|03}/DD:tmode
/N2
 upc=00 bso=01 dlo=00 eko=01 alf=01 nul=00 pau=00 pag=18
 bsp=08 del=18 eor=0D eof=1B rpr=04 dup=01 psc=17 int=03
 qut=05 bse=08 ovf=07 par=00 bau=00 xon=00 xof=00

The width of the screen I copied this from is 80 columns.  I do not see an
entry set to $50 that would indicate an 80 column screen.

I have not cracked open the OS9 technical documentation yet.  Perhaps this
can be gleaned thought one of the getstat options?

William