[Coco] Moving 6809 to socket

Jayeson Lee-Steere cocolistemail at titaniumstudios.com
Wed Jan 11 00:01:50 EST 2017

I'm wondering the same thing. Ed, how do you get a machined socket out? For
dual wipe, I get a tiny screwdriver in there and pry the pin up. The pin
unfolds a bit and you can get pliers onto it.

I generally prefer dual wipe sockets - I find that they are easier to
insert into. But if you plan to reuse the desoldered CPU, I would use
machine pin. I have found dual wipe to sometimes have poor contact with the
short, imperfect pins that always have a bit of residual solder.

I would not use gold plated unless you have a CPU with gold plated pins.

Jayeson